The Coronation is the first episode of Season Four and twenty-seventh episode overall of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. It was released on Netflix with the rest of the fourth season on November 5th, 2019.
PlotAdora, Bow, together with all the rest of the Princesses gather for the coronation of Glimmer, who is to be crowned Queen of Bright Moon. However, Glimmer is still grieving for her mother Angella and is upset at the festive atmosphere, and the attention being lavished on her.
It is told then, that the key coronation ritual involves traveling into a magical cave below Bright Moon (Chamber of Queens). During the quest, Glimmer, Adora and Bow encounter a large slug, which attacks them. However, after some effort, Glimmer is able to calm the giant slug down by coming to terms with her mother's loss and embracing her powers. Meanwhile, Hordak blames Catra for the recent debacle involving the Portal. Scorpia wants to retrieve Entrapta from Beast Island but Catra perpetuates the lie that Entrapta sabotaged the portal.
Hey, cheer up, boss. You said it yourself. Big, bad Horde Prime got your signal. Don't you want to conquer Etheria before he gets here? He doesn't sound like the type to accept failure.
- Adora/She-Ra (Aimee Carrero)
- Angella (Reshma Shetty) [Star Wars-like hologram]
- Bow (Marcus Scribner)
- Bright Moon General
- Castaspella (Sandra Oh)
- Catra (AJ Michalka)
- Frosta (Merit Leighton)
- Glimmer (Karen Fukuhara)
- Hordak (Keston John)
- Mermista (Vella Lovell)
- Netossa (Krystal Joy Brown)
- Perfuma (Genesis Rodriguez)
Artifacts and tech
- George and Lance make a cameo appearance at Glimmer's coronation.
- This is the final episode to feature Reshma Shetty, who provides her voice for a pre-recorded Star Wars-like hologram of Queen Angella.
- Starting with this episode, the title shot of the opening theme is updated with Glimmer as Queen of Bright Moon, While Angella's spot is replaced by the spirit of Adora's predecessor Mara.